Friday, September 18, 2015

Summer Marsh in Ipswich


This painting is a view of the marsh at high tide on the road to Crane's Beach.  Often there are kayakers and boaters on these waterways.  I recently rented a lovely art studio space in an old mill building where I can continue to focus on developing my skills as a painter in the company of many wonderful artist friends.  I find that having a space outside of my home helps me concentrate for uninterrupted hours of creativity.  I'll be sharing more paintings with you soon.

1 comment:

Curtis Faville said...

This landscape seems pretty far away. As if the viewer were sitting on a viewing platform (or a mountain road), looking down. There's plenty of accurate information about the scene, and we believe that this is, or could be, a faithful rendering. There isn't any tension.

What else does it do?