Thursday, July 15, 2010

Garlic, Asparagus and Zucchini


The garlic appears to be protected by its vegetable friends. Which should I cook for dinner? Now that they are captured on canvas, maybe all three will find themselves in the pot tonight! I am finding that painting vegetables and fruits is helping me better understand color, reflections and shadows. I hope these exercises will enhance my larger landscape and portraits paintings. I am really enjoying these 6 x 6 inch paintings. It is possible to complete a painting in a day. In the past, when I would spend days on a painting, albeit much larger paintings, I would have trouble re-mixing colors and trouble remembering the inspirational concept that I had when I began the painting. The emotional intent and ambition to paint something can be a fleeting feeling. Yet, without inspiration, a painting itself can lack feeling or expression. I am excited to paint these little compositions and hope that my excitement shows in my paintings.

Click Here to Bid: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270608286801

No comments: