Tuesday, July 27, 2010

She Posed For Me Today


I made my first attempt at a Live Model Portrait today. The model got tired and lay down to sleep before I finished. It was more challenging to try and finish it from memory. This was initially a very loose painting, but I had to "fiddle with it more than I intended" and now it looks not quite as fresh with broad strokes as I had planned. Many good lessons today! Perhaps I should pay my model to stay awake! Perhaps I should put the brushes down when the model falls asleep? Perhaps I should find more models that are not so sleepy? I look forward to finding more opportunities to paint people. I love the challenge! I like painting living models more than painting photos of people. It is much easier and I think the results are more life-like.


Click Here to Bid: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270613882421

No comments: