Saturday, July 3, 2010

Red Pepper and Onions


These vegetables boldly jumped from my kitchen counter to my canvas. I am enjoying the process of deciding what will be my subject for painting each day. I've discovered that I don't need to travel far, worry about the weather, or fret about having just the right view before I can paint.

In response to a comment about how I choose what color to use in my paintings, I would like to explain that I choose to paint those natural scenes or objects that appeal to me, in their color and composition. Using my paints, I seek to capture the light and color, the mood and expression of my subject. Replicating the colors I perceive in a landscape or still life, animal or person, as closely as I can is my challenge and my joy.

Click Here to bid: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270602803533

2 comments:

Miss O'Reilly said...

Hello, Sunny! I am enjoying your paintings and your words. Thank you for sharing this part of yourself! Happy Summer.

Unknown said...

I love this one Sunny! I miss the studio! Hopefully will get there soon!