Thursday, July 1, 2010

Painting Every Day


Hello! My name is Sunny West (yes, that is my real name) and I am a landscape, portrait and still-life painter embarking on a new adventure to produce a painting every day for a year and post that painting on this blog. I love to paint and would love to share my work with a wider circle of friends and fine art enthusiasts. Some days I may even post two paintings...perhaps include an older, larger painting of mine for your enjoyment. I welcome comments and encouragement for my efforts. To begin my blog, I am posting a photo of a small painting which I completed in a workshop with the fabulous teacher and wonderful painter, Carol Marine. She has inspired me to join the Painting a Day community of artists who display and sell their work online.
And to begin.....

Click Here to Bid: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270602827145

3 comments:

Robin said...

Go, Sunny!! I wish you the best and look forward to your new post each day!

Curtis Faville said...

Sunny:

How do you decide what "other" colors to include inside the ostensible color range an ordinary object? I think Cezanne liked to imagine that tomatoes contained blue, and Matisse that objects could be any color one chose. Could you imagine making a pear purple, or black, or white? Do you think of your art as displaying other effects and feelngs than mere verisimilitude? What about Modernism and Post-Modernism? Etc.?

Heather Pilchard said...

sunny these still lifes are wonderful!!!

Heather